Today, the increasingly rapid pace of life, stress in the workplace, and overload of family responsibilities can adverse impact on your health by predisposing you to silent killers such as heart disease, diabetes, hypertension and cancers.
Therefore, health screening plays a vital role to identify diseases and addresses potential health risks before it is too late as some disease do not produce early warning signs.
Many chronic illnesses do not appear overnight but as a result of neglect of the general well-being of one’s health. With early detection and with doctor’s medical guidance, disease and health risks can be treated and prevented. Make your health a priority with regular health screening check-ups.
Do you know?
- Heart disease, stroke, cancer, diabetes and kidney disease are among the top causes of death in Singapore. These illnesses are often “silent killers” and are largely lifestyle-related.
- Colorectal, breast and cervical cancers are some of the most common cancers in Singapore.
- HPV is the cause of almost all cervical cancers. More than two-thirds of cervical cancer causes are attributed to high-risk HPV types 16 and 18. Every year, approximately 500,000 women are diagnosed with it, and almost 250,000 die of it. It is estimated than 1.4 million women worldwide have cervical cancer.
- In Singapore, the incidence of pancreatic cancer has increased over the past 40 years, with approximately 1000 cases diagnosed between 2003 and 2007.
- Stomach cancer, or gastric cancer is common in East Asia. In Singapore, it is the 6th most common cancer in men and it is 8th most common cancer in women.
- Lung cancer is the 2nd most common cancer in men and 3rd cancer in women in Singapore.
- More than 500 cases of the prostate cancer diagnosed every year for men in Singapore.
Here are some popular places for general, premium, customised health screening and genetic health screening in Singapore. Contact Us if you require more information on health screening packages, general information or you wish to make an appointment at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lifescan Medical provides Wellness health screening packages ranges from simple blood tests, physical examinations to other procedures and diagnostic imaging for early detection of conditions and diseases. Lifescan Medical Centres are available at 2 convenient locations-Paragon and OUE Downtown.
- Wellness packages (Basic, Enhanced, Advanced, Premier and Elite Screening)
- Lifestyle packages (Pre-Conception Screening, Healthy Drinkers Screening, Smokers Health Screening, Sportsman Screening, Cardiac Screening, Cancer Screening)
- Genetic testing (Hereditary Cancer and Inherited Cardiac Conditions)
The cost: from S$88
RAFFLES MEDICAL GROUP
Raffles Health Screeners is a dedicated health screening centre that offers holistic, comprehensive and a personalised approach to preventive care for both men and women of different ages. Treasure your health by choosing from our 11 enhanced health screening packages and add-on screens.
The cost: from S$74.90
FARRER PARK HOSPITAL (HEALTH CONNECTION MEDICAL CLINIC)
Farrer Park health screening centre provides the essentials of physical examination and laboratory investigations, and offers good value to enter a program of lifelong health awareness.
The cost: from S$290
Asia Medic Navigator health screening packages are designed to cater to the needs of different individual with flexibility in choice of blood tests optional diagnostic tests. You can choose package based on your group age and 3 main categories-Essential, Enhanced and Premium.
You also can choose lifestyle health screening packages like Anti-aging Screening, Pre-marital Screening, Focus Screening (Cardiac/ Vascular/ Cancer Risk Profile), Pre-Exercise Screening Plans and Smoker’s Screening Package.
The cost: from S$ 316
PARKWAY SHENTON HOSPITALS
- Mount Elizabeth Hospital
- Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital
Enjoy peace of mind with delivery of screening results in the form of customised reports that reference historical trends. Benefit from a full, targeted review that includes lifestyle recommendations and health advice. Mt Elizabeth and Mt Elizabeth Novena Hospitals provide a one-stop experience with direct access to specialists, facilities and premium medical services for those requiring medical intervention.
The cost: from S$ 428
Request packages at email@example.com
ASIA HEALTH PARTNERS (LUCKY PLAZA)
Asia Health Partners offers a comprehensive range of services that includes health screening, family medicine practice, anti-aging management, family planning and contraception, weight management, travel health, imaging and laboratory services.
Their health screening packages combine all the best elements of preventative healthcare and are specially tailored to suit the needs of men and women of all ages. The doctor can customize assessments or help you choose the package that best fits your particular needs.
A detailed medical report will be provided after your screening. The report will be discussed with you during a private consultation with our doctor. Recommendations on lifestyle and dietary modifications and steps for health enhancement will be advised. Abnormal / urgent results will be conveyed in the shortest timeframe possible.
The cost: from S$ 218
- Fasting is required. Please abstain from food and drink for at least 10 hours before your appointment. Sips of plain water are allowed. In some centres light breakfast will be provided after your tests.
- For ladies, the urine, stool and Pap smear tests should be done at least 5 days before and after the period.
- For stool and urine analysis, the specimen bottle will be provided on the screening day. Alternatively, you may collect the specimen bottle from our clinic prior to your appointment and collect your stool the night before.
- Do not consume regular medicine for diabetes (including insulin) on the morning of your appointment. Regular heart and blood pressure medication is allowed.
- Do not wear any deodorant, perfume, powder or cream under your arms or chest area as it may interfere with the quality of the mammogram.
- If you are taking the treadmill test, bring along an additional change of clothes and appropriate footwear. Medications such as beta-blockers (e.g. propranolol or atenolol) should preferably be stopped three days before the test date.